Saturday, September 29, 2012

Fall Colors

This week's newsletter from Paper Crafter's Library had a challenge for a Fall Thank You card.  Every Monday they send out a challenge, but this is the first time I was inspired (or had the time) to try my hand at making one of their card layouts.  I love the colors of the card, but it was the simplicity that inspired me to make it. Using scraps of paper I have in my stash, I followed the directions given by Tracy in the video and made the following:

I used a butterfly clear stamp that I purchased as part of a stamp collection from Costco a while back, as it was big enough to cover all four color blocked squares.  Using my Versamark, I stamped the image, and sentiment, then sprinkled Chocolate Twinkle embossing powder to give the image some sparkle and heat dried it. I then used Stickles Diamond glitter glue to go over the circle patterns on the butterfly, and once dry, I added some bling.  I finished embellishing with buttons I had in my supplies box. The card looks almost identical to the card in the challenge because, as I said above, I really liked the colors and it's apt for this time of year.

No comments:

Post a Comment