Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Busy as a Bee

Phew! I just came off one of the busiest weekends ever! Saturday was busy with Praise and Worship, preparing the seasoning for my meat (in the West Indian/Caribbean culture, we love to season (marinate) our meat/poultry a day in advance of cooking.) I did this by using the food processor to chop up onions, garlic, cilantro, bell peppers, scallions, etc. It saves time in that I just have to spoon the stuff on the meat instead of cutting it all up each time.  I also had some Scotch Bonnet peppers, so I made some pepper sauce! I was sneezing and coughing my way through pepper on Saturday!

Since I seem to be harping on being in the kitchen, here's a card I made for someone who recently graduated from culinary school as a Pastry Chef. I purchased the background digital paper from Scrapbookgraphics.com, specifically Chef's Delight Elements, Chef's Delight Papers, and Chef's Delight Alphas.  I paper pierced most of the elements, but for the alphas I used MTC to print the sentiment, printed it on the paper and cut it out.  Because the theme in my kitchen has always been red, I made a second card just to see how it would look.  Here's that:


Who knows, this might inspire me to go to culinary school and perfect the art of baking, which I love to do.  Just to whet your appetite, here is a scrumptious creation I made a while back, and which my family is always asking me to bake:

No comments:

Post a Comment