Friday, October 5, 2012

Color Pop

I've often admired card crafters who make these awesome white cards, then place one colored embellishment or colored stamp to make the card pop.  Well, I've finally made one of my own!  I was reading Mama Dini's blog the other day and she was showcasing the Flourishes Beauty of Imitation challenge.  Dina was showcasing a card that became the inspiration for her card.  I was so impressed with it, I decided then and there to make one.

For this card I used the Retro Circles by Tim Holtz and embossed the front of the card. I then cut out the dies with the Beaded Circles by Spellbinders .  I stamped the flower that would be the "pop" in my card twice (once on the smaller circle and again on a scrap of white cardstock) from stamps in my stash, then used Copic Markers to color them. Afterwards, I paper pierced the extra flower and glued it over the stamped image on the circle.  Using glue dots, I assembled the circles on the card and finished by making a bow using Becca's Peg Bow Maker to further embellish the card.  I hope you like it!


No comments:

Post a Comment