Wednesday, September 12, 2012

True to My Word

As promised, I'm back today with a new set of photos. Even when I'm not creating, I keep busy just checking out different sites and blogs I follow.  This allows me to keep up with the new trends and techniques making the rounds in the scrapping world.


One of my favorite things is bold and loud color. Anything that is vivid and bright attracts my eyes. Above are the files I cut using Cricut's Walk In My Garden cartridge (the tiny bugs with the three dots).  I cut the ladybugs with the antennas using a Make-The-Cut cut file a member shared with me in the MTC forum.

Anyway, for these cards, I used scraps of paper left over from a the above baby shower project I was helping a friend put together.  One of the cards was a birthday card I made for a friend's foster daughter. Her name is Unique, so I thought I'd make a pun out of the sentiment on the card. I cut this using MTC also. 

This other was for a 70th anniversary card. The inspiration for this  came from here; the third card was for one of my church members who celebrated her centenary on August 27th. The square layers were cut using Spellbinders' Fleur-de-Lis Squares. The sentiment was cut from a file provided to me by Bird's Cards, a site to which I'm subscribed. She has the most interesting cut files and they help when one's in a rush and needs something quick, lol!


1 comment: