Friday, September 14, 2012

TGIF!

It's Friday, you'll! I don't know about you, but I get excited about the weekend.  First off, I get to relax on Fridays after work.  I try not to schedule anything for that day because it's the only free time I have in my weekend.  Why? Well, because I'm usually so busy on Saturdays and Sundays, I don't have time to relax.

My Saturdays start with early morning praise and worship at my church (7:00 am), then it escalates from there (meetings, errands, events, lol.) By the time I get home on Saturday evening, I'm so tired, I just get ready for Sunday and go to bed.  In all of this I have to factor in taking care of my elderly mom, administering medications, etc. No easy feat, mind you!

On Sundays, depending on what week it is, I'm at church from 7:00 am - 1:00 pm. This Sunday is my hectic day -- I sing in the Gospel choir, dance with the liturgical praise dancers, so I'm doing double duty. By the time Sunday evening rolls around, I'm ready to just sit back and relax, literally!

Anyway, here's a card I made a few weeks ago. Thinking of the words from 1 Corinthians 13, I reflect on what it takes to care for an elderly parent: patience, tolerance, and LOTS OF LOVE!!! Without the latter, it becomes very hard to do.   If you're in the same situation I'm facing,I hope it encourages you!





No comments:

Post a Comment