Friday, February 1, 2013

Season of Love

Well folks, Valentine's day is fast approaching and I had to get on the ball or the day would come and go  quicker than I can say...  Last week I started working on some VD cards and I want to showcase some of them here today.


This first card makes me want to say, "Yum!" I had this paper called "I Love Cupcakes" since last year, and because I started my projects too late, I never used it. So, here it is this year.  What goes best with cupcakes? Well, ice cream, of course! got the ice cream cone cutting file from the Make-the-Cut! forum gallery. cut the file using my Bosskut Gazelle.



These next cards were made using Awesome Chalkboard Textures digital papers from Mygrafico Arts & Crafts.  I used the blackboard concept one these cards and cut the letters using a free font called Pastels. I used MTC to design and cut the letters, then attached them to the chalkboard background paper. For the eraser cut a piece of sponge from one of my many foam brushes, then glued a piece of the cardstock that frames the chalkboard stock.

On the third card, I was inspired by a picture I saw on the Internet of a mason jar filled with flower stems. I used a stock image I had of a vase, traced and cut it with MTC. Then, searching in my MTC folder for a rose cut file, I found one I liked, cut it, then attached it to the green Awesome Chalkboard Textures. I used the Pastel font in MTC and cut the "Roses are Red" letters. I finished it off by attaching little red rose buds I'd purchased at Michael's years ago for some invitations, then added some bling stones as ellipsis.

I have a few more cards I made, but will share those with you later.  In the meantime, have a wonderful weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment