Thursday, May 9, 2013

Cookies & Cakes

Hey all,

Just wanted to share my other passion - baking. I've been baking ever since I was a teenager in Panama City, Panama. Back then I was using cake mixes to make delicious concoctions. As I grew older, my taste for cake mix went stale and I started making cakes from scratch. I have a recipe that has become the staple for most of my cakes, with a few changes to ingredients here and there (forgive me if I don't post it, but it's my secret recipe and I will share it with my girls if and when they become inclined to baking, lol!

Anyway, I bake almost anything, but lately I have been in demand to make Cookies-on-a-Stick. Yes, you guessed correctly - a cookie Popsicle. I made 100 of these for a baby shower a few weeks ago (50 chocolate chip and 50 oatmeal). The chocolate chip dough is store bought. I usually buy the Pillsbury brand from Smart & Final (I love this brand better as the cookie is moist and raises to fit the cookie mold). The oatmeal dough I make from scratch.  Here are samples of both cookies, baked and wrapped ready for delivery! I'm getting ready to make 100 more for a Champagne Sip next Friday!  BTW, the cookie mold and sticks/bags can be bought at Michael's, Wal-Mart or Jo-Ann stores (for those of you who have Hobby Lobby, I guess you can find them there also - we don't have them here in Southern California).






In addition to making these, my girlfriend wanted me to make her one of my cakes (I call it a plain cake, most of my friends call it a pound cake, though mine is not pound cake as I don't use a pound of anything!). Once cooled and stack the cakes and frost them using a burnt butter icing found here. Note that my icing is darker than the one portrayed in the link. That's because I really burn the butter, I don't just brown it.

Last but not least, are some Butterscotch Blondies. This was my first time trying this one and I've already received several orders for more!  

No comments:

Post a Comment