Thursday, August 11, 2016

Color Your Day Lesson 2

Though the live lessons are over for Altenew's Color Your Day classes, I have access to the videos and will continue learning new techniques when I have free time to create. In my last post I made a card that was inspired by color. Lesson #2 was about coloring using a color wheel. Of course I went to one of my favorite color combinations: yellow and orange.

I used Altenew's Peony Bouquet stamp set (the middle layer) and alternated inking with two colors (Altenews' Warm Sunshine, Buttercream and Caramel Toffee combinations). For the green leafs, the colors I used were Evergreen, Frayed Leaf and Forest Glades. I adhered the stamped background to a bright orange card base, die cut the words "just because" three times, once on ink-blended cardstock which I used as the top layer. I adhered the layers to the panel and embellished with gold and orange sequins.

Here is my final product:





No comments:

Post a Comment